Abortion Pill Information
Medication abortion (also called the abortion pill, Mifeprex™) is FDA approved for up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant) after the start of your last menstrual period.
- The “pill” is actually a protocol that involves taking two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol, which are taken in two separate doses on different days.
- It is not available through a pharmacy, but is only available by an authorized provider.
- The FDA strongly cautions against the use of mifepristone obtained over the Internet.3
- Because of complications, the FDA keeps close track.4
- The abortion pill is not the same as the emergency contraception.
What if I change my mind?
The Abortion Pill, aka Mifeprex, mifepristone. The first drug in the protocol is called mifepristone. Miferistone blocks progesterone, which is needed to sustain a growing pregnancy. A new protocol, known as the Abortion Pill Reversal, has been developed that uses natural progesterone to rescue the pregnancy. Recent studies have shown a success rate above 60% if the progesterone is started within 72 hours of taking the first pill. It may not be too late, for more information, call 877-558-0333 or theabortionpillreversal.
Make an appointment today to learn more about how it works, potential risks and complications.
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
2. Viability is generally considered about 24 weeks from a woman’s LMP. See https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/overview-abortion-laws
UNPLANNED PREGNANCY CONFIRMATION
To help you confirm your pregnancy, we offer free pregnancy tests in Laurel, Mississippi. A positive pregnancy test (including those taken at home) suggests a high probability that you're pregnant. However, the result should be confirmed.
If your test is positive, our staff will determine next steps, such as an ultrasound exam.
If you are considering abortion, an ultrasound will provide important information that will tell you more about your options.
This can answer three major questions:
- Is the pregnancy in the uterus?
- How far along are you?
- Is there a fetal heartbeat?
This information is critical regardless of what options you may be considering. Speak with our staff today. Schedule a confidential appointment – at no cost to you.